About Us 

Welcome to Flint Hill Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department. 

Our non emergency phone number is 540-675-3286. In an emergency, please call 911. Feel free to e-mail us at fhvfr@comcast.net with any questions!

     We were founded in March 1954, and our official charter was issued the following June. Our first firehouse was located in the Russell Brothers’ Garage. Emery Russell became the second Fire Chief who served for thirty years. A carnival was soon held at the Keyser and Wood Packing House which received a warm embrace from an enthusiastic community.

     That same year, Mrs. Robert Massie donated land on Fodderstack Road on where the company hoped to build its first facility. Two additional tracts of land were purchased from R.H. Delaney in 1958 and 1961 and a final purchase was made from Ray Pennington and Phil Wines in 1982 to complete the current station lot and carnival grounds at 945 Fodderstack Road in Flint Hill, Virginia.

     The familiar firehouse soon rose on the southeast corner of the property. Roland Welch, E.J. Welch and Collis Dodson had a regular route to Winchester, Va. hauling logs. On the way back they would pick up cinder blocks and haul them back to the new building site.
Through the years, the firehouse evolved into two apparatus bays and large community hall, with a full kitchen, a stage, office space, and a basement which was used as a day room. The front of the fire department was renovated in the mid 1980s by a hard-working crew. 
The members of Co.4 have put in countless hours to make our fire company a great organization! It is our hope that the spirit will continue for generations to come. 

Written by former President – Frank Huff